
I'm so exhausted and still on Arizona time. It's 9 p.m. and feels like 11. I'm so tired! Jeremy and Jack are both sick and have been in bed for hours. I just got back from the store- got the basics like milk and bread- and am ready for bed myself.
Why is it when you go on vacation and relax you come back feeling so tired and overwhelmed?? Or is that just me? I will post pics as soon as I can- I lent my camara to my sister as she forgot hers, her and her husband were staying a few days in Salt Lake to sight see.
The Good- Lots of great talks with the Grandparents, 70+ degree weather, Kartchner Caverns (pic above), Colossal Cave, Desert Museum, Sabino Canyon, Gransdpa 4-bying through the parking lot and knocking down an endangered cactus ($500 fine- but he didn't get caught!), swimming at the pool, seeing "Breech" (which was good), Jamba Juice, P.F. Changs, Miniature Golfing, BUmper "Squirter" Boats and getting attacked by about 12 10-year-olds... and so much more.
The Sad- My grandpa(mom's dad) died on February 19th (a few days into our trip) We changed our tickets to route us up to Salt Lake for the funeral, held this past Monday. I LOVE my Grandpa so much.. this was really hard for me. They had all of his grandchildren sing "Families can be together forever" or, at least in my case, attempt to sing it. I sometimes cry at this song in SACRAMENT meeting people. You think I can sing it at the funeral of someone I love? Um, no. So I went up there and stood crying in front of the room while the rest of the grandchildren (25+ of them, most under 12 years old)sang. Nice. (Mica & Becky- SO sorry I didn't have time to see you two! It was a whirlwind. Still hoping for May!)
The Ugly- So, my last post I was freaking about flying overnight with Jack. Well, my fears were well-founded. It was a nightmare. At least, the trip down was. He cried a good portion of the trip, although Jeremy held him while standing in the back of the plane. Of course, noone really slept. Jack MAYBE slept an hour the whole ENTIRE night. It took a couple of days to recover from this for the little guy. UGH. Never again. We will just splurge the extra $$ to avoid the red-eye. Either that, or spend that extra $$ on mass amounts of Nyquil.
7 comments:
It sounds like you did some fun things while you whre in Arizona! I am looking forward to seeing pics. I am so sorry about your grandfather. I would really have a hard time singing at a funeral too. I am with you on the being tired after a trip. I always tell my husband that I need a vacation after the vacation to sleep, and rest.
WOW you made me homesick for Arizona. I will be there soon!!!!!So sorry to hear about your Grandpa ;(
so glad you had fun. that picture is amazing. and i'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. i can never sing at funerals. i just bawl my eyes out. i'm sorry it was so hard on the plane. you jsut never know and babies always sleep better in their own beds. glad your home safe.
sorry about your grandpa.. that is hard.. Every time I have been pregnant I have had a grandparent die.. I only have 1 left.. and I don't plan on getting pregnant any time soon!
glad you had a good time, and hope you get some rest!
I can't get through Families are Forever either. How nice that you had a good relationship with your grandfather. I hope you get all settled back into normal life soon. I hate flying with toddler aged children. They are too young to sit in a seat and watch TV and too old to sleep in your arms. We keep thinking about coming up to AK this summer but the flight with my son is really making me not want to go.
I can't sing or hear that song without tearing up, so I don't know what would happen if I had to sing it at a loved one's funeral. I'm so sorry for your loss. That's really hard. I'm sorry that you had to have that happen while on vacation. Get your whole family rested up!
Honestly I cry during families can be together forever too. I don't know what it is. I have always had a hard time with this one.. even when I was younger.
I say you splurge on the nyquil rather then the day flights.
So sorry to hear about your grandpa!
Hugs
Post a Comment