Thursday, March 15, 2007

My new End Table


OK, I don't know if it's because I am a girl, or because I'm anal, or if it's because I do Interior Design, or what... but I have a hard time letting go of that picture perfect, clean house to make way for bright toys. I have been trying really hard, bought "nuetral" colored essentials like his high chair and swing. Alas, I am starting to give up.
Jeremy talked me into getting this slide for Jack this weekend, replacing my nice end table in the LIVING ROOM. There are other places to put it, but since I like to keep him in my sight, it serves me well to not put all his toys in his bedroom or the basement, two places I choose not to hang out all day.
Anyways, I'm adjusting. Slowly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to be the same way, but had to give that up...Kind of like when Tyson was a baby, I couldn't stand for him to have a dirty face, or dirt anywhere for that matter...lol...I had to get over that real quick, he's a boy and they're all about dirt...lol...

Mandy said...

TOTALLY understand, I am the same way. We have corners of our house filled with bright big toys.. not what I expected in my home but at least I have a little boy in there and he can enjoy it while I am having anxiety over it :) ha ha

Sarah said...

we all have the same feeling. actually it is DH more than me. he hates having toys around. wait til he gets bigger it just gets worse. i would love to have a playroom right off of the family room where all the toys could go instead of in the bedrooms or family room. it would be awesome.

michelle said...

Ohh, yes, I do know how it goes. The up side to it is, it will keep him entertained for hours. Your little guy is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I so know what you are talking about. I too had to give up peice and harmoney for the sake of having my kids around me..good job with taking the baby steps.

Melissa E Photography said...

Hey! I just read your 100 things about me post, and I swear I almost could've written the exact same list! (Besides enjoying being pregnant..)

And as far as me being computer saavy... PSH! I can't even figure out how to add more friends to my list! There is a link under ect. on my blog to psychogenisis.com. This is what I used to personalize my blog, and they make it so easy! You don't have to know ONE HTML code. And it took me HOURS to design that stinkin' header! Who knew this stuff was so complicated?

Oh, and it's my hubby's dream to live in Alaska. He went fishing there last summer and doesn't even want to go fishing around here anymore now that he has been to Alaska and caught 'real' fish.