So I have to clarify.. the house we're living in is actually quite LARGE, just our bedroom is 200 sq. ft. We are still living out of boxes for now, but we have ordered more shelving (kind of nice to own a closet business right about now!) Jeremy installed a built-in desk today in the room and we are slowly making our little space feel like home.
We closed on our house Thursday and it was fun to see all that money in our bank account..for the whole 3 minutes it's there until it's immediately transferred to paying off credit cards, student loans, cars, etc. We are going to pay off the land last and plan on moving into our new house with ZERO debt and a small mortgage (in case anyone was wondering why are moving into Jeremy's parents after 4 years of marriage) I have been researching builders online and am getting SOO excited to start the building process. We want to build the house we want, and be able to raise our family there for years to come..not feel like we've grown out of it after 5 years.
Jack is loving it.. Grandma and Grandpa give him so much attention and he sees his cousins, aunts and uncles every day.
Today I went to a knitting class with my sisters (I'm such a grandma!)- it was basic knitting but my end goal is to do felted bags. I also want to make some baby booties and this Thursday I get to find out whether I need to buy pink or blue yarn! I'm so excited.. I honestly don't know how some of you girls can wait the whole 9 months to find out!
I also made an apron this week for Vicky (Jeremy's mom) for her birthday Tuesday. I need to get a pic of it, it turned out so chic! I'll also take pics of our room once I dig out the camera.
14 comments:
Taking the class was a lot of fun!! We will have to do something like it again. Maybe we can start meeting together for a couple of Saturday's every other saturday or something. If we preset something up I might actually finish a project.
Wow, moving into a home with ZERO debt and a small mortgage. That is the best way to do it :)
Way to go on paying all those bills!!! That's gotta be a good feeling. I'll bet Jack is loving it there with all the extra attention. Can't wait to hear what you're having!!!!! I'm going to go ahead and guess that its a girl:)
awesome way to go.. paying off debt, and a small mortgage.. good for you guys.. what an opportunity!
fun for jack and all the attention he gets!
I can't wait to find out what you're having! So exciting! How great that you're being so responsible about debt and mortgage and whatnot, send some of that responsibility my way!
You are so real estate finance savvy! I bet paying off the debt was awesome...sigh...;)
Oh, I'm so excited that you get to find out whether your little one is pink or blue!!! :) Being a gypsy can be hard..hang in there.
Knitting? You ARE an old woman. Just kidding, I would love to learn how to knit!
I can't wait to find out the flavor of your baby. I don't understand how people wait 9 months either. Do you feel like it's a girl or a boy?
I am glad to see you back, and posting! Brrr, it sounds like it was soooo cold wile you were moving! I am sure you are so happy that it is over.
I'm so excited to hear what you are going to be having!! I cannot believe that it is already that time! It went by so fast! (for me anyway!)
I'm so excited to hear what you are going to be having!! I cannot believe that it is already that time! It went by so fast! (for me anyway!)
I'm so excited to hear what you are going to be having!! I cannot believe that it is already that time! It went by so fast! (for me anyway!)
I'm not sure what the crap happened! But I didn't press the "publish your comment" button 3 times in a row....I swear!
how exciting to be getting out of debt completely. and starting new! with a new house!!!! that is awesome.
Post a Comment