On Saturday she wanted to take all the girls shopping for Easter dresses so we all went and got some new dresses (Jeremy's mom wanted to buy us all one too.. How lucky are we!?) Saturday afternoon we went over to our friend's house for a barbeque and Jack's first outdoor Easter egg hunt. (Actually, it was a first for many of the older kids even because it usually is not warm or dry enough to hunt outside) Of course my batteries were DEAD in the camara, heello!I'll get this whole "mom" thing down one of these days!
Sunday morning Jack was so excited to wake up to his "Spongebom" fishing pole. He is such a funny two year old, he still says "Thank You" all the time so we heard it quite a bit on Easter. The first egg he opened up he looked inside and said cheerfully "All gone!" I grabbed the egg and sure enough, I managed to give my kid an empty easter egg in his basket (Which only had like 4 eggs in it anyways! Once again, the mom thing.. working on it!) After church we went to my parent's house for another egg hunt, and later that evening back to Jeremy's parents for a hunt. (Both houses do money instead of candy in the eggs.. nice!)
9 comments:
Oh laura, I love it! No candy in the easter egg?? Classic!! Totally something I would do...Sorry to say the lost brain thing gets even worse after you have the second child....After my next one you will probably see me walking down the street talking to myself and drooling!
BTW- You look cute!! When is your due date again? May 22nd was it? ;)
I was thinking you could name him some form of my name like Martin and call him Marty;) Then Lauren and him would be a perfect match! j/k :)
Cute pics! Trust me, you're way ahead of me on the mom thing. Did either of my kids get easter baskets from me? Nope. Luckily grandma is on the ball.
lol..you forgot to add candy in the egg. :) no worries, the kids are to blame, they suck the brain cells out of you when you are prego. :) Love the pictures by the way.
I love that he was so happy to have an empty easter egg! That seriously makes me laugh!
You are looking so good! Hope you are feeling good too. :)
I am loving your dress AND your hair. Could a pregnant girl get any cuter?
Too funny. I'm so flaky on mom stuff too sometimes. Glad you had a good Easter. Oh, I haven't answered your question on where in Alaska we'll be going because I don't know! I'm not in charge of planning, I'm just going along for the ride lol
Hey do you still use the same yahoo email address or have you changed it? Shoot me an email and let me know if it has changed...(Nikki has a couple of Kitchen questions for you...)
Love the no candy idea! You look great! When are you due? I am sure you have to be getting sooooo excited! :)
Great looking Easter pics! What a cute little guy you have (loving the empty egg & all).
Post a Comment