I have finally met with Megan and given her her wedding present 9 months late... because I'm classy like that. ..does the 1 year rule apply here too? (Okay, okay.. I do not really believe in the 1 year rule, just trying to make myself feel better!) My in-laws were nice enough to climb the jungle gym, Vicky holding both Tate and the quilt, to let me get this picture:
It's a full/queen and the most involved project I've done to date but it was fun. I'm sure I'll have more to follow, I definitely have enough fabric!
We have been hooked on the Olympics.. although am I the only person who feels a little bad for all the other swimmers who have no chance when Michael Phelps is in the pool? It's just so fun to see someone who really gets excited about winning, the underdog.. Anyways, it's been fun to watch at night, I'll be a little sad when it's over.
Has anyone else been watching??
9 comments:
First let me say that i love the quilt......
Yes i have been watching the olympics... So enjoy the swimming...
That quilt is awesome! I know your pain, Tyson was just 2 weeks short of turning 2 when I had Ryan. Luckily Ryan was a really good baby so it made it a bit easier. I'm a huge Michael Phelps fan. He's awesome. I always wonder if the other swimmers realize that they really have no chance though. Kinda sad.
Wow, Beautiful quilt! I would be willing to wait 9 months to get a gift THAT amazing! I love watching the Olympics, but our remote, like so many other things in our house, is lost and we can't change channels without it. So we are stuck on the PBS channel!!! annoying. I feel for you on the new baby/toddler thing. All I can offer is hope, that it does get easier!!! I know people told me that all the time and I had a hard time believing them, but its true!
I LOVE that quilt, Laura. Beautiful. I keep wanting to find the time to have my mom & sis teach me to quilt...
We're enjoying the Olympics, too. I'm a big Phelps fan, so I'm always happy when he wins, despiste others not having a chance. I think the man's a machine. If he weren't so darn nice (and humble), I don't think I'd be cheering for him like I am. ;)
You are awesome! That quilt is amazing! I know what you are saying about staying home with the kids though...I always think "how do moms that work find the time to get everything done?" (and yes the one year rule does apply...maybe I'm saying that because I still have yet to send you anything for Tate!I have THOUGHT about it though...does that count?)
Laura, that quilt is adorable! I thought you said it was an easy pattern? LOL! I am going to send you a pic of my fabric to get your opinion on what type of quilt I should make with it.
I really am so impressed by you and your sewing skills. You need to teach me. :)
Glad I got to see you and Tate for a few minutes yesterday. I miss seeing you.
I am watching...i love th olympics!!! I too feel bad for the men who swim against Phelps...it would be frusturating.
I LOVE your blanket!!!
I love love love your quilt!!! Can you be my SIL and make one for me too??
It does get busy with those little ones at home, even I find my blogging time limited, I have to read one day, write another!!! But I love checking in - thanks for sharing!
Wow! The quilt is beautiful!!! I would LOVE to be able to make something that beautiful! I am sure your sister will love it! We have been watching the olympics, and loving every second of it! It amazes me how much talent these people all have! :)
Post a Comment