Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wrapping Up Summer

Well, the fair is almost here which is the sure sign that fall is on deck. We have exactly 3 months of summer, no more. September, while sometimes warm for Alaska, is most certainly not proper summer weather-- although after the summer we've had, don't get me started on proper summer weather. Meteorologists all over the state have changed their names and phone numbers to ward off the angry mobs that have been created in protest to the abnormally cool and rainy summer. Typically, August is our rainy month- this year, summer was our rainy month. Needless to say, we have been thinking about a warm destination for a winter vacation.. besides, we need to use these air miles that we've been saving before they do away with the program altogether or start charging you for each piece of clothing you're wearing as well.

Last week, we did another Bouncin Bears run. We met up with Steph and Debbie with kids in tow. No pics this time, what was I thinking!?

I was on top of things this year and got my Halloween costumes early. Last year, everything sold out before I got around to ordering anything.
This will be Tate's costume:
And Jack's:

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Those will be so cute! I always like to try to get my halloween stuff early too, it gets harder and harder as they get older though! Hey, Trisha has a new blog started and needs help getting her family pic to fit in her header, I thought you might be able to help.

Debbie said...

Laura those costumes are adorable! I can't wait to see the kids in them. Where did you order from?? Bouncin bears was fun!! I echo everything you said about this "summer." I have to wake up and build a fire 50% of the time!

Andrea said...

Her email is telamlee@yahoo.com

She is starting this blog so that she can let her family, IL's, etc in on it but keeping the other one (that they don't know about) so that she can vent, you know how it is:)

donna said...

love the costume......

I so want to go to alaska sometime.. Hmmm maybe next summer:)

Melissa E Photography said...

I LOVE the pea costume! Sheesh, I haven't given one thought to Halloween.

---- said...

Cute costumes! Your boys will look so adorable in them! I think Whitney is going to be Cinderella this year again. I swear she is never going to grow out of that thing! Call me or email me sometime with your new cell #. You busy woman!! yeesh! I thought you'd slow down once you were a stay at home mom! ha ha

Brandi said...

so so so super cute... halloween stuff already... wowo you are on top of stuff!

carey said...

Man, those are cute! :) Can't wait to really "see" them in Oct. Hey, if you want a warm destination this winter, our doors are always open here in Vegas town!

Sarah said...

those are sooooo cute! Where did you order them from? I love them!

Sarah and Trent said...

Gosh cute Laura!!
I just love those little snuggly costumes~ and you're right, Jack's eyes are just gorgeous! I think Jack and Tate are the greatest names. So fun to catch up with ya, I'm glad all is well for you guys!