2 weekends ago (wow, am I behind at blogging?!) we spent Saturday up at my parents cabin- snowmaching, snowshoeing, and... well, eating. I broke out my new snow shoes for the first time since Santa (AKA Jeremy) brought them. The day was absolutely gorgeous, snowed HUGE flakes all day outside while the cabin stayed cozy inside (albeit not really warm save the loft which was toasty) considering the insulation is now half done.
We have decided NOT to break ground on May 1st as we had originally planned. Things are just too up in the air now where Jeremy works and the last thing we want is to build our little dream house and then not be able to get a loan to close on the house because we have no income if Jeremy were to get laid off. (Apparently, they frown on that?!) (Although from the current state of the housing market it's clear they haven't always frowned on that..)
SOO.. it's looking like fall at the soonest that we'd start. I think we will just get an apartment and rent while the house is being built. I thought I'd be so heart broken about waiting longer still.. but I really don't care. I would rather be safe than sorry.
Tate has 2 teeth now (Wow, I still dont have pics of that. Poor 2nd child Tate..) He's saying "Mama" and "dada" now although conveniently enough always says my name when he's crying and needs to be fed, changed or just held.
SOO.. it's looking like fall at the soonest that we'd start. I think we will just get an apartment and rent while the house is being built. I thought I'd be so heart broken about waiting longer still.. but I really don't care. I would rather be safe than sorry.
Tate has 2 teeth now (Wow, I still dont have pics of that. Poor 2nd child Tate..) He's saying "Mama" and "dada" now although conveniently enough always says my name when he's crying and needs to be fed, changed or just held.

8 comments:
fun pictures! If only we lived closer, I got snowshoes for Christmas too. And, just like you, I think I have used them once all winter.
wow that is a lot of snow! OH and it looks so cold.:)
How cool to find a old abandoned cabin. Were you able to go inside?
I think you are so smart to wait a little longer before you build.
Oh how is your running?
I love the snow as long as I'm inside, and warm!
I love the snow as long as I'm inside, and warm!
Oh man, I bet you are ready for spring, my friend (I always was around this time of year when I lived in cold places...). I can't believe baby Tate has 2 teeth...where has the time gone? :)
The snow does look beautiful, but like you, I am ready for it to leave. The cabin looks awesome!
WOW! Look at what an outdoorsy girl you are!! There is no way you'd get me to strap on a pair of snow shoes and go hiking in the snow! I hate hiking in regular shoes when it is warm! Sitting inside the cabin would be my choice... (boy, I am l-a-z-y!!)
Bummer about starting your house later, but I am SURE that it is the smart thing to do!
I know what you mean about getting pictures of your second child...it kind of falls by the wayside. (poor Lauren didn't even get a birthday this year)I feel even sorrier for Kate! I don't even WANT to know how it goes with your third!!
Hi sunshine! So I just saw you like 5 minutes ago but I just wanted to say you are the greatest and I am so glad we have each other:):) Ha we sound like a couple huh! I LOVE the cabin and can't wait for this summer!! See you tonight!!!!!
Post a Comment