Thursday, October 15, 2009

Project: Dining Room

So in our townhouse, things are a little cramped. Not like we were when we were trying to fit everything in 2 bedrooms, but still. So, storage is always an issue, and what else do I need to store, but sewing stuff?? Fabric, patterns, threads, embroidery supplies, scissors and so on..

We have had these 2 wall cabinets in storage since we first moved out of our house. They were from a home that I worked on, and were ordered the wrong height. They are gorgeous cherry, high-end cabinets that were missing one thing. Glass in the doors. So I decided I really wanted to do antique-looking glass. I called several different places to get a quote on "seeded glass", and guess what price I was given?? Over $500 dollars! Ouch.
So Jeremy suggested (what else?) fabric.
The result??







Not too shabby!!

11 comments:

Heidi said...

I love your cabinets they look so good in your dining room and you can't beat the storage.

donna said...

LOVE your Cabinets.:)

Debbie said...

Great idea, and they turned out beautiful!!!

Andrea said...

Ha, go Jeremy! Great idea. It looks awesome, I love the fabric choice too.

Megan said...

Show off! ;-)
Can you come help my house now?

Anonymous said...

Wow! they look fantastic! Where did you find the fabric?

Kaden said...

Way Cute!

I am in the process of refinishing my bedroom furniture...(well my DAD is! He said he would do it for my birthday!) I am getting once piece done at a time i.e. 1 nightstand, then the other, then head and foot boards, & dresser. It is fun though...because I can see my bedroom transform 1 piece at a time! I LOVE redoing furniture...

I bet you're L-O-V-I-N-G your new cabinets! They are so cute and unique! I love the fabric!! (but then again you ALWAYS DID have great taste!)

Kaden said...

BTW- That was Mardi not Kaden. I need to remember to sign out of his gmail account!

Holly said...

Those look so nice! I love you!

Rita Christiansen said...

That's beautiful!

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

ADORABLE!!!! I LOVE them! Not that I haven't seen them already or anything! Want to come decorate my house:):)