This chair was given to my dad for Christmas in 1954. My dad was 4 years old and his grandfather has refinished the chair for him. The original age is unknown. Recently, my dad was cleaning out my grandma's storage unit and came across the parts and pieces for this chair. The pieces were extremely worn and faded, almost looked like firewood scraps. My dad was not sure if all the pieces were there but after some digging found everything. He refinished the chair to it's original stain color (when he received it) and re-upholstered the seat in the closest fabric he could find. He even braved JoAnn's all by himself to do it. :)
So this Christmas, Jack was 4 and so my dad thought it only appropiate he should pass the chair on to Jack as his grandfather had to him. Jack calls it his "special chair" and he is right!!
5 comments:
Love the sentiment behind the chair! Gotta love kids and their brutal honesty too. :)
LOL! That is too funny about the pajamas! I got Whitney this "Fur Real" pet for Christmas. She said she wanted a "Fur Real" pet dog. So when I went to buy it, I saw that the DOG was $30.00 but the PUPPY was only $10. Guess which one she got? After we had opened all the presents, she told me that she thought the dog would have been bigger, but I told her that things just look bigger on TV. I am such a bad mom! I will surely go to hell for that one!
BTW- Hope you are feeling better! Sounds like you had a rough weekend!
great story about the PJs ; )
LOVE the chair.
what a sweet dad you have. that is so cool for jack to have a special chair!
I'm not so great at blogging lately either... that chair...!!! Those are just the best kinds of gifts. :)
Post a Comment