Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Summer So Far..

Running House errands.
Calling subs.
Going to Home Depot.
Going to Lowes.
Going to Sherwin Williams.
Collecting samples.
Submitting Receipts.
Paying Subs.
Getting Bids.
Sending House related emails.
REPEAT

We have had the busiest summer. My poor boys, I hope they even want to live in this house when all is said and done for all the running around I make them do and/or leave them with sitters while I run around. I can't say I don't enjoy some of it. It's our house and we've been working on it for 3 + years so yeah, excited.
I'm trying not to let it completely take over my life though. I want to still make memories with my children during this process that don't involve trips to Lowes and remember it's JUST a house. I already have everything I need to be happy right here in front of me everyday! I just am lovin my boys so much. They are mischevious and quite truthfully, rather disobedient, covered in dirt half the time, and full of soo much energy it exhausts me to watch them. They are getting so big that most of the time I just want to freeze time and keep them 2 and 4 forever.
But for those who have been asking here is where we're at with the place:
The top floor is on and we're starting the siding later this week!


Our little helper, Tate:

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Dirty kids are the happiest kind. I'm sure they're having a blast running around and playing in the dirt! This reminded me of when I was about Jack's age and my parent's were building the house I grew up in. Yes, most of my memories from then are of the countless trips to "Ernst" (the home depot of the time), but the years of memories in your own beautiful home will be so worth it. But you know that:) It looks amazing!

donna said...

I am so excited for you and your family! YOU house is going to be a home full of memories ..

Sarah and Trent said...

Wow it's really coming along Laura!! I bet you're going to have the time of your life decorating the inside. When I get a house, can you come help me?!

Andrea said...

Looks awesome! Seems like it's coming along pretty quickly!

---- said...

I'm SO GLAD you posted! I was excited to see how far your house has come along!! LOVE IT!! It is so pretty! I can't wait to see the final product! I bet you will be glad when this summer is over! Don't feel TOO bad about the boys, kids are resilient and they won't even remember this process!

BTW- If you come next summer, you can definitely go to bear lake with us! I miss you girlie!!

carey said...

Love this post! I can't wait to see the progress - - you'll have to keep us posted. I love your style & your ideas. :) We're in the moving process, too! It's crazy but I love it, too. Congrats, Laura!

MM said...

Wow, Laura!! The boys are going to love living in that house. Who wouldn't! I know it has been a lot of work, but it is so exciting to see all your sweat and tears turn in to something so fabulous.