Thursday, September 28, 2006

Fall Madness



One of my favorite movies is Youve Got Mail. I love the music. I love the whole idea of New York in the fall. Wearing sweaters and scarves but not freezing yourself to death. There is a line in that movie about Fall making you want to buy a bunch of sharpened pencils. I feel that way every year at this time. A time for learning and cleaning and organizing. I dont know it is about Fall but to me it always signifies a new year... Not the traditional January 1st. I guess I am still on "school time". I love looking at Fall decorations and prepping for Christmas. I dont know why I am a freak like this. I am married to a scrooge, so I guess he is what keeps me somewhat grounded.
We are taking family pictures on Friday with Jeremy's family. Girls are wearing blue and boys are wearing black. Wait, other way around. Anyways, I need to go get Jack a blue shirt. I think while we're there I will have them take a picture of "our" family, for Christmas cards. Maybe. I am not a big Sears fan, or JCPenney or any of those other cheap places (I know..I'm a total SNOB!!) ..but I just dont know when we'll have time to do it unless we do it Friday.
I found a site, www.heatherhalesdesigns.com, that does really cute Christmas cards so I think I'll go that route. I didn't do anything last year, what a loser!
Plus, I'm so dissapointed in the LAME announcements I did for Jack! What was I thinking?? I wasn't. Never have a kid right before Christmas and then go back to work after only 2 weeks off!! (Although I was going a little crazy at home too, can't win!)
I got a ModBod order today, yaay! I got some long sleeved shirts which I'm excited about AND I just found out that they have 3 new fall items with long sleeves! And ones a hoodie!
Jeremy sold his snowmachine after much nagging from me (poor guy!) in order to pay off his 4 wheeler. SOO thats one less payment going out every month! Now if we could just pay off his student loans and the pathfinder and Jacks medical bills, etc. etc. Oh the joys of being poor young married folk!

6 comments:

everything pink! said...

found your blog off my comment.

oh the joy of good mail. my friend jIll is the starter.
she encourages everyone to send good mail to family and friends and now we have a group of bloggers who randomly send mail to each other.

welcome to blogging you will love it.

Jenny said...

*** I'm sending you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils!***

Jenny said...

Also, what is Modbod?

everything pink! said...

i can't link to the card site do you have another address, i would love to look itup.

Heather said...

Hi, BIG thanks for the plug to my card site!! I can't wait to start the holiday orders- I have so much fun making every family look good!!

Thanks again!

Heather said...

oops, I forgot to mention, you will need to get a copyright release from the photographer if it is professionaly shot...