on Alaskan water. I promise you, when it comes out of our tap, it should be FROZEN. It defies science. This is why, growing up, "ice water" was just not something that we ever requested. Water the temperature of dry ice will do just fine, and that is easy and readily available by just filling up from the faucet.
Anyways, while convenient for a refreshing drink, it is not so convenient for a would-be swimmer like Jack on an Alaskan sunny day (which by the way, we've been having so much of! Jeremy actually called a restaurant tonight to see if they had air conditioning before deciding whether we'd go. They didn't. Nobody does. This is Alaska.) So, we fill this little baby up and as the ice cystals are forming I figure I better bring in some backup. I brought out buckets of hot water, but it was no match for Alaskan water. We finally got the water "tolerable"- and Jack finally got in. In case you were wondering- "tolerable" is approximately 9/10 HOT water and 1/10 Alaska water.
9 comments:
That is too funny! I have the opposite problem here in AZ. I know some people with big pools in their backyard that cant use them at the end of summer because they get too hot and its not refreshing! People will buy dry ice to put in their pool to help cool it down!
how fun. that is the total opposite of what we have here. In Las Vegas it comes out at 100*.
I'm glad you're getting some nice weather! My mom said it was in the 80s TWICE this past week.
The first time I ever turned on the faucet to wash my face and brush my teeth the cold literally took my breath away.
what a cute pic. How fun that your enjoying the outdoors! Have a great Sabbath!
How funny. I can't even imagine.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Alaska!!! The water is cold there! I think it's the best place on earth to spend a summer vacation! You are so lucky!!!!
So how hot does it get in the summer? I would love to visit Alaska!!!
I will trade water with you! Here in Vegas, it's HOT...and it tastes terrible! Looks like you are having a great summer - what a cute pic.
As Jack is a 100% Alaskan boy, he proably doesn't even notice how cold the water is. What a cute boy! I want to come over and see him swim in his little pool.
Post a Comment