Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sept. 11th


I was in my Senior year of college at USU in Logan on September 11, 2001. I will never forget how eerie the campus was that day, so quiet and somber. I went to the design studio for class and my friend Brooke was sobbing- she has a lot of family in New York. (Luckily, none of them were hurt) We, like many others, painted a large American flag in our window. We watched TV for weeks afterward, always the same thing- secretly hoping for something to make it better or to see justice... Guess we're all still waiting for that something.

I remember going to a candlelight vigil held in memory with my roommates and best friends- Becky and Mica. I still remember coming home from that and Mica leaving the candle burning underneath the kitchen cabinets- made a big burn mark in the cabinet but luckily no fire or fine at the end of the year. ;)

Since that day, I have viewed the world in a much different way. I am also very proud of my country in many ways. Let us always remember...


And, Happy Birthday Mica! Love you!

6 comments:

Lupe said...

Indeed. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of 9/11.

michelle said...

Great post! So well put. It was a day I will never ever forget.

Holly said...

Very nice post - it was a very sad day - still makes me do a double take. One of my friend's birthday is 9/11 so I always wonder how that makes her feel...

Lauralee said...

great post. that is a day I don't know how we could ever forget it..

donna said...

Thanks for that wonderful post!

I love the picture of the flag.

kristin said...

Great post! That is a day that I will always remember almost every single detail of it. I loved how the country came together after it - what a neat thing to be a part of!

oh - and way cute new clothes and fall decor! I am far behind on your blog. ;o)