Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Such a slacker..

This past week has flown by, I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted. We have been really busy (okay.. like everyone else on the planet, right?)
Jeremy's lasik surgery went really well.. he is totally Bono with his shades on all the time (He has to wear them for a week, EVERYWHERE) because the shape of them keeps him from rubbing or touching his eyes. His vision improved 8 lines on the eye chart and he now has 20/15 eyesight! We were at the office what seemed like all day on Friday but the actual surgery itself took less than 10 minutes. Oh yeah, I finished "Twilight" amongst all the waiting. Looved it (Thanks Becky! BTW, I still have your present I need to get out! Sorry) I am looking for "New Moon".. but can't seem to find it in paperback? (yeah.. I'm cheap)
Thursday was our 4 year anniversary (Sorry, I just didnt have the energy to post that day but if I were a good wife I would've done something very touching and cute. Let's just pretend I did;)) Wednesday night Jeremy brought home some Keen winter boots (which I love by the way) and said "Happy Anniversary!" So as I was happily trying on my new boots there was this little plastic round container in one of them. I immediately threw it on the counter thinking it was trash and continued to love on my boots. Jeremy kept asking me what the plastic thing was and I kept saying "I dont know!". Finally I said "it's probably trash, throw it away!" The poor guy was trying to get me to open it because inside was an anniversary band! It's beautiful, though you can never go wrong with diamonds!
The next day, Jeremy surprised me by leaving work early and coming home to pick me up, go shopping, and go out to eat. It was a great day, and I'm so glad I married him.
Saturday we met with a custom home builder and went over floor plans, our lot layout and walked through one of his homes. We are getting so excited even if it is a long way off. We told him our budget and then proceeded to tell him all the MANY luxuries we want.. I'm sure he was rolling his eyes behind our backs and when we get the pricing we'll have to cut some things.
Jeremy's sister also had her baby on Friday. He's a big boy.. 9 lbs. 10 ounces and has cute red hair. Holding him made me more excited for my own little guy.
I still have no idea what we're doing for Valentines Day.. I never know what to get Jeremy.. men are soo hard to shop for on this holiday! He's not really a "sweets" guy, wouldn't want flowers obviously.. any ideas?

6 comments:

donna said...

Glad to hear that Jeremy's lasik surgery went really well. Ryan did about 6 years ago. He is so glad he did.


Wow Happy anniversary :) Shopping at eating out. What a nice time.

Oh i order a Temple Picture. I should get it in 2- 3 weeks. Thanks for the web-site:)

Debbie said...

Sounds like you had a great anniversary! How awesome to get a new band!! I hear you on Valentine's day....but Aaron has told me in the past that I can never go wrong with a Sportsman Warehouse gift card, no matter what the occasion. So I'm thinking I'll go that route (not too thoughtful but oh well...)

---- said...

Oh laura! That is SOO like you to over look the anniversary band!! (it's funny because I can totally see me doing it too!!) We are just too much alike! ha ha
I'm so glad you read twilight! It is one of my favorite book series! Beware though...new Moon is a little hard to get through at first...but it is totally worth the read. (I had to skip to the end of the book...because I HATE anything suspenseful...i hate being left in the dark about things...im just too impatient!!

carey said...

OK, being married to Bono doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. ;) Glad the surgery went well. Ty had that a few years ago & is still so glad he did. Happy anniversary!

kristin said...

What a sweet husband!

Someday I will get Lasik surgery...it sounds like the world's greatest invention!

Andrea said...

Hey, I'm so late to this. I'm so glad that he's enjoying his lasik! I was just telling my Jeremy the other day that it was honestly the best money ever spent!