Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Both feet in...

I am finally feeling human again today after being sick all last week and especially this weekend. I don't know if it's just because pregnancy takes a toll on the body or if there is something seriously wrong with my diet (OK, I did find out I'm low on iron but I don't think that alone could cause this) but I feel like I have been SICK constantly this winter. My immune system is lame and it is getting SO annoying! And Jeremy never seems to get sick, at least not in the way I do.

Jeremy found out Sunday that "ground school" for his private pilot's license started Monday so he started school last night! It happened very fast- he is in class twice a week for 3 hours and apparently the work load is comparable to a 5 credit college course. More exciting though, he is going out on his first flight on Friday! I am so excited for him. We have no idea how much this will cost but if likes it, it'll be worth it.
Jack amazes me every day with how much he is talking. It's kind of sad when you suddenly realize that you do not have a baby anymore, but a little boy- however I couldn't be happier with him despite his new interest in mischief. I am probably not as good at disciplining him as I should be- but then again, I've always known that I'm a softy. Thank goodness Jeremy does a better job than me in this area.
I still have all kinds of unfinished projects looming over my head. I wanted to finish up his quilt this past weekend but I just didn't have the energy. Hopefully this weekend if I don't get sick again!

I went to "Tastefully Simple" party last night- has anyone else been to one of those? I would love suggestions of things you ordered and loved. I liked most everything I tried and didn't think the prices were too bad until I read that shipping was 25% of your purchase. What a rip! Anyways I would love to hear comments on it if anyone has experience with their food!
Speaking of food, I'm making Cafe Rio salad tonight for dinner! My hands smell like cilantro and I guess in a wierd way I am loving it!

5 comments:

---- said...

WOW Ground school huh? That was a quick decision! Sometimes its easier that way though...no time to stew over it and talk yourself out of it! That is really exciting though...Especially when many years down the road when Jeremy is a commercial pilot you can fly out here and visit as often as you want for free! :) Does that mean the "building a house" plans are on hold?
BTW- I can sympathize with you being sick and pregnant. I HATE being sick when I am prego. You can't take anything and you already feel like crap 24 hours a day and it just feels like it adds insult to injury! Let the men get sick...they're not doing anything!

Melissa E Photography said...

You say you are a softy? Who wouldn't be when your kid smiles at you like Jack does.

Sorry you've been feeling crappy. We're the same way as you guys.. Aaron never gets sick!

Debbie said...

So sorry to hear you've been sick--AGAIN!

When it comes to discipline I am sometimes a softy and sometimes not, which is bad because aren't we supposed to be consistent??? I don't have a clue what I'm doing. That's exciting for Jeremy! I know Aaron is a little bit jealous!:)

kristin said...

being sick is the pits. how fun for Jeremy to be getting his pilot's license. That is one of my hubby's goals. :)

The Brockbanks said...

He is such a doll. You will be a great stay at home mom of two. I make sure that I leave my house EVERYDAY whether I need to or not. With my first child I would make up errands to run. You can always go to a park or the grocery store (even for just one item.) Plan lunch with girlfriends or family every week. You will be great just set your mind to not getting bored! You are a cute mom. Glad you are feeling better!