Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Wrapping up summer 2009

Due to our recent move, I am behind at blogging and well, everything. We moved into a townhouse that is across the highway from our new home (hopefully) to be built THIS spring.
Jack started pre-school at the end of August. It is a preforming arts academy so on Tuesdays he goes to a tumbling class and on Thursdays they do either jazz dance or tap. Can't believe how big he's getting, but I'm not gonna lie- I LOVE the 3 hours I get to run errands or relax with just 1 kid.;) I made him his pre-school bag.. just kind of made up the pattern as I went along, and of course embroidered his name and a little monster on it;) He feels so grown-up to be going to "school".
We also recently took the boys to the Alaska State Fair where we spent about $60 on food and ate ourselves into a coma. Jack LOVED the rides, but not so much the pony ride. He had a frown on the whole time. I looked over at Jeremy and said "what kind of kid doesn't like a pony ride?" Jeremy said "Well, it just goes around in a circle. It IS pretty boring.." Oh, OK.. information you could have told me before I threw away $7.00.








This past weekend, we went to the cabin. We had 2 other couples up there with us and each couple had 2 young boys. We had 6 4-wheelers up there so we took them all on a long ride, did small rafting trips on the river, had great food, GORGEOUS weather, and so much fun!! Hope everyone had a great long weekend! What a wonderful way to end summer!

5 comments:

donna said...

sounds like Jack will be busy with all his fun classes!
Cute pictures!

Andrea said...

Love fair food, there is nothing better!

Debbie said...

I know how you feel, Aaron has been having Tyler "help" him clean the shop this morning and its amazing how much easier it is to deal with just one kid. I love Jack's face on the pony ride--so funny! And I don't even want to guess at how much money we spent on food.......

Holly said...

Your boys are getting so big!! It's a busy time I miss posting more myself - the bag is so cute! Fun pictures!

Zobia said...

Laura, the boys are getting so big!!! They are just adorable!!! I LOVE your blog. Though it doesn't let me sign up for updates..