Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New house, older Tate!

Our driveway during construction

Jeremy standing in the "hole"

Annnnnd how it looks as of last week. This is the basement (garage, mud room, storage) and the main floor (kitchen, dining room, Great room, bedroom, bath and bonus room)
We are hand-staining EACH individual cedar shake!

But we have lots of help!

Our shed is the unfortunate victim of our indecisiveness picking an exterior house color!

The boys loove this dirt hill. Luckily, that won't always be there!!

Tate is actually crying in this pic but what can I say, I'm mean.



As expected, this summer has been extremely busy! We are doing owner-builder on our home which I love because, hello, complete control but at the same time it's a huge time and stress commitment. Things are going well though overall. We broke ground a little over 5 weeks ago and are moving right along. Excavation, foundation, water proofing, well, septic, basement heating and plumbing, and now my personal favorite, the framing!! We've got two little helpers who are always willing to help!
Other things going on:
Tate turned 2 June 10th! Poor little guy got some "low key" parties to say the least! He'll survive. We also have done a little bike riding with the boys.

Jack is riding a two wheeler sans training wheels although I seem to only have scooter pics?

Safety first.

Whenever we would sing to Tate, he would get shy and cover his eyes. Priceless.

Don't worry, tutorial to come on this fab cake!!;)


Who says dress-up is only for girls?? Thanks grandma and grandpa for Bumble Bee!
Two separate family get-togethers = More Presents.
Thanks everyone!!!


12 comments:

Sarah and Trent said...

Oh wow, what exciting times Laura!! congrats on the house~ you guys are go-getters! Can't wait to get a house someday. :)

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

oh its looking so good! I love the staining pics those are priceless!!! So excited to be neighbors. and let's not make fun of the cake, that is about as fancy as this girl gets.. but can i get the recipe:) LOve yoU!

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

oh its looking so good! I love the staining pics those are priceless!!! So excited to be neighbors. and let's not make fun of the cake, that is about as fancy as this girl gets.. but can i get the recipe:) LOve yoU!

donna said...

wow! congrats on your house. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us...

donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Can't wait to see how the house keeps coming along. So exciting!

Debbie said...

Such cute little helpers! The house looks awesome--can't wait to see it progress.

Rebecca said...

Your lot is beautiful! That is so exciting! Thanks for posting pics keep them coming. That cake it pretty awesome!

Megan said...

Yeah for house pictures! I love to see the progress. I am already drooling at how great it's going to be! I can't wait to see you guys!

---- said...

Looks like fun!....and A LOT of work! I am sure it will be well worth it! LOVE the shed! I can totally see Kaden and I doing that too!!

BTW- Tate is the spitting image of Jeremy! Jack is definitely yours and Tate is definitely Jeremy's!

AND You're keeping us all in suspense! I'm still waiting on the cake directions to be posted!!!

MM said...

You're alive! Oh how I've missed your updates. Your house is going to be so fabulous! Good thing you have those long Alaskan summer days to stain all that cedar. ;)

MM said...

You're alive! Oh how I've missed your updates. Your house is going to be so fabulous! Good thing you have those long Alaskan summer days to stain all that cedar. ;)