OK so last Friday I start to feel the tickle in my throught! NO!!! Not my LONG weekend! Yes, I spent the whole weekend sick. However, because we have SO much to do to get this house on the market (Oh yeah, did I mention we closed on our property last Thursday!)I worked all weekend. We went to Lowe's and got new flooring, sinks, faucets, lighting and countertop for the Master bath. I had a goal to do the whole thing for $500 but it looks like it will end up being closer to $550. NOT BAD! I have to laugh because at work, I don't even want to work with someone on a bath unless thier budget is at least $20,000. Haha, not me though! We would spend more money for nicer finishes but the market is a little soft and I wanted to update without losing money. So, I'll post befores and afters in a couple of days when it's done. We also have the carpet guy coming to fix the HOLE in our carpet (yeah.. we're ghetto) that my dog dug while trying to get into our bedroom via China apparently.
Jack is doing well, he's 18 months now and going to NURSERY! Soo NICE!!
My birthday was last Saturday- the 19th. We went 4 wheeling up to Jim Creek, it was beautiful and we just sat for hours roasting hot dogs and smores. Then we had seperate celebrations at both Jeremy's parents house and mine. I really felt like I was milking this birthday thing! I was spoiled like always.
My boss got me a sewing machine! It was a combo birthday/5 year anniversary gift. (5 years working for her) It is SO nice, I was so excited!! That night I pieced together this girly crib quilt. (No.. not pregnant!! Just loved the fabric) It is Amy Butler fabric, I just LOVE her style and her designs. A couple of the prints are Michael Miller. Anyways, I ordered TONS of fabric from fabric.com for my "birthday" from Jeremy (aren't we so thoughtful, we always do that! Buy what you want, "Happy Birthday"), they have great deals for anyone out there who sews. I am making a King size duvet cover and matching Euro shams etc. I got a King size down comforter from my mom, isn't that convenient ;) So, I will have to post pics when I'm done. This is a perfect gift because when we move into Jeremy's parents house, we are bringing nothing but our clothes and our BED.
Sorry it's taken me so long to post! May has been the craziest month ever, with graduations, visiting grandparents, ModBod parties, 2 baby showers,2 births, birthdays, moving etc. I'll be a little better now that things are slowing down!
9 comments:
I've been wondering what's up with you. Sounds like you had a good birthday. That quilt is so cute.
I too have been woundering how the heck you were. sounds like you were super busy. We should really start a club. Happy Birthday Last Week. mine was the 21s. I envy the way you were spoiled. :)
I also having been wondering where you have been girl. HAPPY B-DAY!!!!! Sounds like you had a fun shopping time at Lowe's. Post pictures of all your cool things you got there. :)
So good to see you post! What darling material!!! I am going to have to check out the website. Happy Birthday!!!! It sounds like you had a great one!
I want that quilt!!!! It is so adorable! And happy birthday last week- I want a new sewing machine!
PHEW! I'm so relieved that Elton John's red piano was NOT the first thing I saw on your blog today. HAHA! It sounds like you have a had a crazy month, so I'll cut you some slack this time. ;)
I can't wait to see pictures of that remodel! $550 isn't bad at all. I'm glad you had a good B-day!
Laura --
I can only catch you on your blog! Happy Birthday. I am sorry I didn't talk to you on the big day. It sounds like you were well taken care of though. Talk to you soon!
MM
I've been wondering where you were. happy late birthday. and i love that fabric!
Mica- I've been meaning to call you! Tomorrow!
Thanks for the comment;)
Post a Comment