This weekend we went out to the Valley to drive around and look for "For Sale By Owner" signs since I've been checking the MLS every day for months and have found nothing that we're interested in. We first found a 1.2 acre lot ON A LAKE but because of the trees, you couldn't really see it and because of the incredibly rough land, it was virtually an un-buildable lot (Unless of course we wanted to spend $30K+ to make it buildable.. which we didn't)
Then, we drove back into another newer neighborhood that someone tipped us off to. The subdivision has ALL lots between 2-3.5 acres. All the houses are surrounded by trees and secluded. They are all big, nice houses. There was literally only 1 to 2 houses per street, the rest of the lots were vacant but as we found out later, already purchased. We were so excited to see ONE For Sale By Owner lot at the end of a culdesac and up a hill. We drove up ad came to a flat building spot with 360 degree views of the whole valley, and complete seclusion. We were soo excited, but since there was no price listed, not to hopeful.
We called the guy and were shocked that it was actually 20k less than the lake lot and we liked it so much more!
So we are going out again tonight to meet the owner and put an "offer" in.
Can't wait!
I also found out last Friday that I got First Place (which is actually second place because there was a Grand Prize which is better than first place) in a local design competition. I got a $250 gift card to a local kitchen applaince store (will be using that on the new house!)and published in Alaskas Best Kitchens magazine. The same kitchen was actually on the cover of Alaska Home magazine last month but didnt mention my name, just had an interview with the builder. I was still just as excited about that, because its not like anyone knows who I am anyways haha!
Jack has been doing good, he is really starting to get the cutest personality. He is SOOOOO busy. Theres just no better word to describe. So much to do, so little time. Like.. taking the ball in his hand and trying to stuff it in the reluctant dog's mouth.
7 comments:
Congrats on the lot! It sounds amazing. And I Love the kitchen. That is so awesome that the kitchen you designed was published. Is that your kitchen? I remember you posting pics of your kitchen before, but I can't remember if it was the same as that or not.
Go you! What a big week for news at your house. Is your gift certificate to Allen and Peterson or whatever it's called? I love that store and all their pretty Viking ovens. I hear they have great cooking classes there, BTW.
how fun, to get to build a whole home. And you are already getting ready for your kitchen. Is that your kitchen right now? It is beautiful.
For those who have asked- no thats not my kitchen. I couldnt afford to put all Viking appliances in nor do I have that big of a kitchen. I wish!!
Jenny- Yes the gift card is to Allen & Petersen.. score!
That is wonderful! It would be so fun to build a home. We are also going to build in about a year.
Keep us up dated on the lot.
CONGRATS on the lot - what great news! I remember the pics. you put on MC of your kitchen! You are one talented lady!!!
That's awesome! I really hope he'll accept your offer...You need to take pics of the property and post them! We want to see the view!
Post a Comment