

Don't forget tonight!;) I am going to a family birthday party (Happy Birthday Uncle Steve!), so I will have to DVR it...this is fine though because I've become so used to fast-forwarding through commercials. Does anyone else go crazy when they have to watch commercials?Jack and I are heading into Anchorage in a few minutes to drop him off at Jeremy's work while I go and measure a closet for a new client. I am slammed this week with work, ugh!
You all are cracking me up about that pic, the camara must have been at a wierd angle. Oh and Lauralee..I'm 5'-2". Yes, it is getting colder up here (this morning was high 30s) and YES I would love to send some of it your way Stephanie! If Only! Still no snow yet..so that's good. I've seen snow in September before.
Tomorrow night and Saturday I am going to a quilt class that my boss signed us up for. It's called Pen Pal Postcard or something like that. So..I looked it up on their website because of course I had NO idea what that meant and here's the description:
This is the latest rage for quilters! These post cards can actually be sent through the mail! Embellish your quilted cards with colorful yarn, variegated threads, and sparkly beads. Use those fancy stitches you never knew your machine would make! Use these post cards as invitations, Christmas or birthday cards, or “just because” cards for that special someone! Watch out, you may become addicted to the “Post Card Craze”.
Ummm.. we'll see! I don't think I would EVER send out something that I spent a whole weekend making. But, that's just me. I'd like to make something like this:

So, apparently I need to go buy some "colorful yarn, variegated threads and sparkly beads".
My sister Holly works for the Office of Children Services. She is basically the one who works with the families after a child has been removed from their home to be taken into fostercare. Her stories are heart-wrenching- and she's only been doing it for a month. She told me last night that when the children get pulled from a home, that they are taken to a general care center (owned by The Salvation Army) because there are not enough foster care families in Anchorage. So..it's basically like a large orphanage. Before they go, however, they get to pick out a quilt to take with them. Something to be with them constantly and to be a comforter. Apparently women make them and donate them.. I had NO idea. So, I've been setting some goals for myself. I would like to make several before the end of the year. My christmas quilt may be on hold this year. Speaking of which, the baby quilt that I was going to quilt..my MIL ended up doing most of it (which was SO nice of her, thanks again Vicky!) I went out there several times to work on it, but things just went slower than planned.
Hope everyone has a great Thursday!
6 comments:
I am so excited for the office to start up again. Kaden and I have HATED TV this summer. We are excited that it has finally picked up for the new fall season. (Because we have nothing better to do than watch TV apparently.)BTW I am glad you got your stuff...and I am glad you like the jeans!
Did you like last night's episode?! Soooo good. I've been chuckling to myself all morning about some of the lines. :) Have a great weekend.
PS - you inspired me to get my house looking more like fall. I ran to Pier 1 and copied you. :)
I know..I think a mom can always find something to feel guilty about...
BTW I did hem my pants...I took them to a seamstress and it only cost me 8.00 to not have to do it myself...totally worth it!
You're like my 50th 'Office' guru (well not 50th, maybe 5th)!! I must see this zany show!!
oh what a great thing to do, make quilts for those kids.. so sweet.
that sounds like it would be a tough job!
the office was fun!
The new craze sounds very interesting, I'll have to google it! I had 2 quilts sitting in a drawer that needed to be "quilted" and my mom took them and gave them to a lady with a long arm - they look great - now my mom is doing the binding too - ha ha, I got to do the (not so fun) cutting, but the very fun sewing together - nice to have mom finish them! can't wait to see what you make in class!
Post a Comment