Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Pedialite, laundry and projectile vomiting

Jack on Sunday in his bulldog PJs with his bulldog, Buddy.

Yeah. So..this has been my life for a couple of days. Actually, the wierd part about it is that yesterday Jack was completely fine. He went to my mom's house while I went to work, and was completely fine..came home and wrestled with dad, ran around and giggled all night.
Sunday morning however, after deciding to let him "play" in his crib for a little bit since he was just making happy sounds and not crying, I went into his room to find that he had thrown up all over his crib and rolled around in it. Yeah. (enter Feelings Of Guilt) So gross, and SO SAD!!! After an hour or so, he ran over to his chair and wanted up to eat. So I made him oatmeal (Heeellllooo. Completely forgot about the whole B.R.A.T. thing!) and gave him milk, which was all over the couch an hour later.
Skip forward 2 days. This morning, I gave him milk again, thinking all was well. Except all was not well. He ended up projecting curdled milk ALL over my kitchen, floor, cabinets, dining room rug etc. Poor guy and thank heavens for my little Bissel, and my washing machine that has now washed his innocent stuffed doggy 3 times in 3 days.

10 comments:

kristin said...

poor little guy, and poor mom! Hope you are hanging in there okay. :)

---- said...

Laura-
I am so sorry! Is Jack doing better now at least? I just talked to Teresa Quist (Tasker) Today and she had the same week you did! The universe must be playing some cruel joke on the mothers of small children this week! Lauren is doing tons better! I am so glad that this whole ear fiasco might just be finally coming to an end! Hope all is going better for you now!

Heidi said...

Poor Jack, hope he is feeling better tomorrow.

Hope you got all your cleaning done tonight and that the showing goes good tomorrow.

carey said...

Poor Jack! And poor YOU!!! Wow, this has been a long sickness too. I hope you make it through the day/week and that the vomitting will cease soon (gotta love curdled milk).

donna said...

Oh poor Jack!

I hope he feels better soon :)

Lauralee said...

oh Laura.. I am sorry.. what a bummer.. but you are right thank goodness for your carpet cleaner and washer!

take care.. hope it is over soon!

Melissa E Photography said...

Oh NO! Thank goodness for washing machines! Hope he starts feeling better soon!

Andrea said...

Oh, poor little Jack! I hope he gets feeling better soon. Tyson has had a bad stomach lately too.

Lupe said...

Aw Man! I hope he's feeling better! When little kids are so sick, I'm just so sad for them!

Teresa said...

I feel you pain and have been there. I am glad he is feeling better. I must say there is nothing worse than cleaning up curdled milk. I am almost gagging since I am a visual person!