Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Getting Ready to GO!

It's never too early to put kids to work

Today has been filled with laundry, cleaning, feeding, more laundry, and I even got a shower in so I'm doing pretty good. We've got the suitcases out on the bed... they're empty.. but just being there somehow makes me feel like we've got a "start" on things. Our realtor is doing an Open House while we're gone so of course we have to leave with a spotless house.

Some things I'm REALLY looking forward to:

The Nachos-(We went to the same resort on our honeymoon and lived on their nachos. They serve them poolsiode and they are truly amazing)

Flip-Flops- Mine have been put away for 2 months now

No coats, hats, gloves- See above

Seeing Jack playing with his cousins

The beach- nuff said

Laying out poolside doing NOTHING

No cooking, cleaning or laundry

Taking lots of pictures

Spending time with family



Some things I'm NOT looking forward to:

Taking an (almost) 2 year old on an airplane as a lap infant at 1 a.m. and flying ALL night

Um, that's it.


Tonight I'm going a Holiday party for ASID (American Society of Interior Designers) so I have to actually get dressed nice and ready to leave when Jeremy gets home from work. I'm sure it will be fine, I'm just one of those people who would rather stay home.


The sushi class was actually pretty fun. I ended up making California rolls (veggies only wrapped in rancid seaweed) although I wish I had made one that had fish in it since Jeremy said he wanted to try that too. I didn't try them obviously but Jeremy liked them and took some out to his parents house as well. Dang it, I should have taken a picture.. they were actually pretty and quite professional looking if I do say so myself!;)
I was "tagged" by Teresa to list six things about myself but since I was such an over-acheiver in this area last February, I hope this works as a substitute.

16 comments:

Andrea said...

How exciting. I love the "beginning to pack" stage, it makes it seem like it's almost time to go! Hope you guys will have a great time!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much snow you have! Our grass is still green. When do you guys leave for Mexico?

Laura said...

Becky-
We leave Thursday night for the airport around 11 p.m. Sucky huh.

Debbie said...

Jack is so cute shoveling. I gotta admit, I am jealous about Mexico, except for the flying with a 2 year old part! At least you get to recover from the flight on the beach. Oh, and I loved reading your 100 things list--I could relate to so many of them! Have fun in Mexico!!!

Teresa said...

You are so cute! We have a lot in common, great friends think alike! Good luck in Mexico!

MM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MM said...

Your trip sounds like a lot of fun. I am very jealous. :)

Lupe said...

Wow! All that snow already? Jack is a cutie..give him raise for his work just because he's so cute! I forgot about California rolls, those are what I don't mind eating.

carey said...

I loved your list of 100 things! I'm with you on the art history thing...wouldn't that be the perfect major if the perfect job came along with it after graduation???

Have fun on your trip - I'm excited for you!!!

kristin said...

Have so much fun on your trip! I am VERY jealous! It will be so nice to be somewhere warm, I am sure.

Hope your flight is good. Oh - and I hope your ASID party is fun. :)

Lauralee said...

oh the beach sounds awesome.. and warm weather! have fun! good luck on the plane.. hope you recover quickly from that part and can enjoy the rest! have fun!

donna said...

OH what a cute picture of JAck!!!


Have fun~ enjoy the warm weather.

Take lots of pictures :)

---- said...

I am so jealous that you get to go to Mexico! That will be so much fun..plus you will have a ton of babysitters to help out with Jack on the plane...so maybe it won't be that bad! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Sarah said...

you are going to have to give me tips on how to keep a 2 year old and 4 year old busy on a 6 hour flight to Hawaii come december. Seriously i'm so worried about it and i've been already stressing about packing for that and it's more than a month away. have fun.

michelle said...

Have a wonderful vacation! It sounds like it is going to be fun!

Brandi said...

look at all that snow!!! have fun getting ready to go, then the plane trip. By now, you are on your way back. Hope you had fun.