Sunday, February 03, 2008

Another busy weekend

Jack always opts for the dancing part when anyone plays "Rock Band"

Friday night after work Jeremy and I went and put a down payment on a raft for this summer. It is a 14 footer and will hold 10 people. Jeremy is SOO excited to take it on the Kenai this summer and go fishing. I most likely will not be able to go this summer because of the baby.. I'm certainly not taking the baby rafting and it's always an all-day thing so that doesn't really work with nursing. I've been saving my christmas bonus for it and it was half off at the boat show so we got a great deal!

On Saturday my sisters, my mom, and I put on a bridal shower for Laurel, who is my sister's close friend and my soon to be sister-in-law. She came up with my sister Holly "just for the summer".. and ended up dating Jeremy's little brother. You know she must be in love to stay in Alaska through the winter for him. It has been the coldest winter I remember for a long time. Today at church they actually had a 5 minute break in Elder's Quorom 15 minutes before church was out for the men to go start their cars for their families. It was much needed... at 9 this morning it was 19 below zero, when we went to church at 11 it had warmed up to 13 below and by the time we got out it was a balmy 3 degrees. I know I shouldn't complain.. I live in Alaska.. but this is unusually cold even for us.

Today was the Super Bowl Feast.. the day we sit around watching (or, in my case, pretending to watch) football while eating ourselves into a coma. What do you all do for Super Bowl Sunday??

7 comments:

donna said...

wow what a big raft. You will all have one fun summer for-sure:)




OH MY!!!! I could never live in ALASKA in the winter. 19 below zero!!!

Debbie said...

Exciting about the raft!!!! How funny about Laurel coming up just for the summer.....sounds familiar to me:) For super bowl we do the same thing. I was in a blissful food coma all night long.

Holly said...

That is so fun - and I love the bear quilt too - great job.

We usually get together with Linda's family for Super Bowl but they had a house full of sickies this year.

That guitar hero is so fun!!

---- said...

That is too funny that you will have a sis in law named Laurel. I bet that gets confusing!
We did not even watch the super bowl...Kaden and I could care less....I know we aren't very American!!

Lauralee said...

that is cold! I served my mission in nebraska so I have experienced some cold times.. makes you anxious to for spring that is for sure!
the raft sounds huge and fun!

michelle said...

It looks like everyone was having fun playing Rock band! You are having some serious cold weather! Stay warm! :)

carey said...

Agreed about superbowl. Who the heck cares about the game? Bring on the food!