
Loves hats.
Loves to wear hats sideways or backwards.
Loves the color green.
Loves dinosaurs, moose and elephants (he usually sees 1 of the 3 when we drive anywhere.. although the moose is still by far the most common sighting)
Is ALL boy.
Jack is loving the warmer weather and that he can finally play with his trucks outside. The grass is still brown (recovering from winter) and the trees do not green up until May here.. but Spring is most definitely in the air.
The sun is out until 9 pm and each day is getting longer, I'm loving it!
We had a great weekend. My sister and I went to the Parade of Homes and I got a few names of some builders that I was impressed with. Jeremy is thinking more and more about being owner-builder but I need a back-up plan just in case. Jeremy's also thinking very seriously about becoming a commercial pilot, which would change EVERYTHING because it would be years before he finished up all the schooling, flight hours, and certifications that he would need to really start making some money. In the meantime, our income would cut in half so obviously we wouldn't build. Not sure what route we would go at that point- maybe buy a small house with a little mortgage to live in while Jeremy's in school? Anyways, we're still figuring out our future and what we want to be when we "grow up"!
Despite our uncertainty of when we're building, Jeremy and his friend Dustin spent some time on Saturday moving some trees and 4 wheeling around the property. Of course, now Jeremy says he needs a chainsaw and is at Sears as I type this. Jack and Dustin's son, Xander, went with them to "help" so I packed hot dogs and all the fixins so the boys had themselves a little campfire going on top of the lot. You really could feel like you're camping on our property- that's what I love about it!
8 comments:
What a great picture of Jack! His eyes are such a pretty blue. The warm weather feels SOOO good. I have been having a hard time getting the kids to come in and go to bed!!! Good luck with all the future plans. Exciting stuff!!!!
Jack is so cute!! It's crazy just how much he looks like you! Did you have him all by yourself?? Cause I swear I don't see ANY Jeremy in him! :)
So would you have to move out of Alaska for Jeremy's pilot school??
I hear ya on trying to figure out future plans. I don't mind after we have made a decision, because at least there is a plan, but I hate being in limbo trying to decide what the crap we are doing with our lives.
trenton loves hats too! that's so funny. He thinks he has to have a hat on all the time. but he won't wear it anyway but perfectly straight.
Jack is so cute!
Good luck with your plans. I hate not knowing what the future holds and not being able to make plans. It's so frustrating!
I love that picture of Jack, he has the best photo smile. Isn't it fun trying to figure out what we want to do when we grow up? I at least have to have that attitude, you know how Jimmy is, we are always changing our mind, who knows where we will be in five years, one year, or even 6 months.
I haven't checked in on you in a while! Sounds like you are doing well - so nice the days are getting longer - although in the summer you probably like a little night time sooner sometimes!
Jack is very cute - and gosh, only 10 more weeks, that is fabulous! Can't wait to see what quilt you've made for the baby!!!
I've been so busy with baseball - I'll try to check in more!!
WHat a cute little guy you have! He's going to make a great big brother too. :) Good luck with the house stuff - - I hate not knowing where I'll be, etc. Hang in there.
My boys have always been big into hats too. Jack is so cute.
Post a Comment