Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Snowed In!

Yes, it's April and I didn't go in to work today because of the snow! My boss called this morning and told me not to come in, and it's a good thing because minutes later my sister called and said she got into a wreck (another one!) I told her to call Jeremy since he STILL hadn't made it to work (after being on the road 1.5 hours) so he rescued her, took her to get some breakfast and dropped her off at work. Her car was towed back to Jeremy's parent's shop and we're waiting to hear whether it's totaled. Luckily, she hit the median and not another car or pedestrian! My dad JUST took her studded tires off this past weekend so I guess that was jumping the gun. It never snows like this, this late in spring..ugh!
Jeremy and I have discussed what we want to do when the baby comes, we decided that I am going to stay home (I have been going into the office M/W/F) I told my boss that I will still do some design work on the side, from home, but that I wouldn't be able to drive in to the office, meet with clients etc. I think it will just be too hard and I really am looking forward to being a full-time mom.
We STILL have no name picked out.. it kind of drives me crazy since I am such a "planner". Jeremy says we'll name him in the hospital but I dont know that you can really tell by looking at a newborn what they "look like" they should be named. It's not like a dog where they end up with names like "Wrinkles", "Snowball" or "Hershey", right? Anyways, we'll see! We still have a couple months to decide!

6 comments:

---- said...

That's too funny! I think I'm leaning toward wrinkles! We have definitely got to meet up at some point! It IS really sad that we have or will soon have kids that the other one has not even seen in person!
As far a digital scrapbooking I used scrapbook flair to design my title. As for the background paper and the paper in the middle I just followed the directions on www.sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com
It seams like a lot at first but after you do it once or twice you'll get the hang of it real quick!
BTW- That's awesome that you get to stay home with your kids! I know that can be such a tough decision!

Debbie said...

Ha ha! I love your name theory! What is up with this cold snowy weather!?!? I think we got spoiled with a nice March....Poor Holly!! That is awesome that you get to stay home with kids AND still do some design work. Oh yeah and Bouncing Bears is pretty inexpensive if your kids are under 3. I got a punch card for $30 that is good for 10 visits. They actually have a website at bouncinbears.org. We should go sometime!!!

Brandi said...

wow, snowing again. That sucks and without studded tires. LOL who would have thought you would still need them in APril. Good luck figureing out names for your baby. Maybe you could compromise, get a list of like 5, and then choose from them in the hospital.

carey said...

Names are HARD! I don't envy you. I also don't envy you for all that snow in mid-April. :( Curl up on the couch, watch a great show, and whip out the chocolate.

Andrea said...

That's too funny. I always think, if we would have waited til our boys were born to see what name they "looked like" it would have been "Baby Bird" or "Old Man" :)

Melissa E Photography said...

Snowed in during April? That STINKS! I hear you on the naming dilemma. Aaron and I didn't decide for sure until a couple of days before Luke was born.

Laura, I'll make a deal with you. You fly me to Alaska and I'll give you a free photo shoot. Deal? ;)