Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Busiest time of the Year

I have been loving Christmas (as always) but have felt so busy this year. Part of that is having two kids, part of that is doing a few homemade gifts, wrapping up loose ends on the closet business (which I dont know if I ever mentioned that we quit doing... it was too stressful) and now I'm also taking on some work for the Interior Design company that I used to work for.



We met with a builder on Friday, I feel really good about him and am excited to get things finalized. After hours of tweaking this is what the exterior of the house looks like that we plan to build (barring unforeseen circumstances like the economy completely falls under and houses go for next to nothing... then, we'd buy instead of build obviously)


To be able to "get in" to this house, we are only finishing the main floor which has 2 bedrooms (technically a guest bedroom and a den but it works), a bathroom, the great room, kitchen, and dining. I hope all goes well and we can build because now I've got my hopes up! :)

I hope everyone has a great week, and has better time management skills than I!

10 comments:

donna said...

this is a busy time of the year.
You house is so great. You will have lots of room. When will you start working on your house?

Andrea said...

This time of year is always so crazy! The house looks great. Can't wait to see pics of the finished product!

---- said...

Looks fun! I can't wait till Kaden and I get to build our house!...of course that is a LONG WAY down the road...so I will have to live vicariously through you!! :)

carey said...

Fun catching up with your blog (finally)! Sounds like we're in the same boat this time of year. The house looks great! Keep us posted. ;)

Brandi said...

wow...i luv that house! HOpefully things keep going the way you want them to so you can build it!

hOLlY said...

Woo Hoo!!! Start building!

Anonymous said...

Cool house! I am so exited for you. If you are like me you will love every step of the way!

Sarah and Trent said...

so so exciting! We would love to get in a home too... soon!
It looks like your holiday time is busy and exciting! Keep up the good work you Martha Stewart you.

Debbie said...

The house looks awesome! I can't wait to see it someday soon. That is so exciting!

michelle said...

I hope you had a beautful Christmas!!! The house looks great!!! How fun!