Tonight we went winter gear shopping for Jack since we have good 3" of snow outside and it seems like maybe it'll be around for a while. We got boots, a snowsuit and a sled... which of course we had to try out as soon as we got home.
Our sloping front yard seemed like as good of a spot as any, so we made a little sled path that went directly into the street. Yeah, Safety First.
Jack had so much fun that once we came into the garage, he still did not want to get off the sled. Prying his cold fingers from that sled was not pretty.
Today I went into Anchorage to meet my friend Megan who's getting married in November and wanted to go to Pier 1 and a couple other places with me to bounce ideas off of. Also, since I'm a designer, I get an extra 20% off at Pier 1-- so that always makes me a good shopping buddy if you're going there.
Then Jack and I met up with my sister Holly at Quiznos, where I ate- and Jack spit out- lunch.
Then this afternoon, I totally jacked up my foot and have been limping around all night. I was coming down the steps in the garage, with the lights off, and stepped directly on one of my heels that was upside down like some sort of twisted booby-trap. It tore skin and gave me a good sized gash right at the arch (which, if you've never had a gash on that part of your foot,HURTS) I tried to shower tonight but even the water running over it stung so I ended up taking a bath with my left foot elevated out of the tub. (Also, did I ever mention I have a low pain tolerance;))I'm soo glad tomorrow's Friday. On Saturday we're meeting up with a guy who's going to remove some trees off of our property, and I think I'll bring the sled since we've got some killer hills!
10 comments:
oh the snow looks awesome.. fun to go sledding already.. my kids would be loving that!
ouch on the foot.. I hope that heals quickly.. I am sorry. take care.. love your pictures! have fun sledding out on your property!
How fun! Sorry about your foot, thinking about it is seriously making me hurt bad!
Isn't that the first thing they taught us in school about sledding...you never sled on a hill going into the street!It's right up there with don't piss off a moose and don't build your snow cave in the mountain of snow left in your cul-de-sac! Ha Ha!Yeah I bet that was fun trying to get Jack off that sled! I can picture it now and I am laughing at you! Ha ha Welcome to Toddlerhood!
Ouch. That sounds so painful! The pictures are cute though. All of our snow melted yesterday.
Jack is so cute! I love his snow outfit. I am sure it is all top of the line...knowing you and mostly Jeremy :) That hill is at your house? I don't remember that much of a slope? Thanks for the cute pictures.
So sorry about your foot girl.
The pictures are great. It looks like Jack stayed nice and warm while he was in the snow. :)
it looks freezing. it's hard to imagine that it's freezing and snowing up there while it's 85* here. Thanks again for the good mail. it was so nice of you.
The pictures are so cute! I am so sorry about your foot! I hope it feels better super soon! :)
Ouch - sorry about the foot!
Those pics. are too cute of your little man in his brown snow suit - - -adorable!!! That's nuts it's so cold there - it's 85 here today!
Gosh it's pretty out there - fun pictures and how fun for the sledding. Sorry about your foot, hope it feels better soon!
Post a Comment